Thursday, May 29, 2014

Don't Fear The Podcaster

I've had some very kind words lately from a lot of you concerning this project and am over the moon to have so many lovely and thoughtful people enjoying the content, but I feel it's worth reminding that this is an audio podcast.  This website is a place for me to post the episode scripts so you see my sources and put up a few pictures, but the scripts are written to be read aloud.  On the page the writing might not be the strongest and I know for a fact they're riddled with grammatical and spelling errors.
I am finding most people still don't really quite get what podcasts are, but they are easily downloadable to your phone, tablet, or computer, and then easily deletable when your done.  You don't even to really need to download them, you can stream them if you like.  Podcasts are really just radio shows on the internet.  In the past few years, there are a countless number of really talented people making really high quality podcasts.  You easily can subscribe with a click of a button, totally free, and each time a new episode comes up, it will automatically download to your device.  It's like getting a free audio books on any subject you like! Believe me, once you dip your toe into the wide and wonderful world of podcasts, you'll find yourself diving in and wishing you could spend more time in your car.
My favorite history podcasts are History of Rome, Hardcore History, Revolutions, and History of the World in 100 Objects.  You can also listen to pretty much any NPR and BBC show, in total and never have to miss some great part because some jerk cut you off.  I love Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, Radiolab, On The Media, In Our Time with Melvin Bragg.

So...
I use iTunes to listen to shows because I have an iPhone, but there is no reason to go through iTunes.
If you use iTunes, just search "Bear Flag Libation" or you can follow this link.
If you don't want to use iTunes, somewhere on your phone there is a music store that also has podcasts, but for this show you can just click here to listen all past and future episodes of this show.

You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment